spark-user mailing list archives

From Bjørn Jørgensen <bjornjorgen...@gmail.com>
Subject Problems with update function in koalas - pyspark pandas.
Date Sat, 11 Sep 2021 10:06:50 GMT
Hi I am using "from pyspark import pandas as ps" in a master build yesterday.
I do have some columns that I need to join to one.
In pandas I use update.

54   FD_OBJECT_SUPPLIES_SERVICES_OBJECT_SUPPLY_SERVICE_ADDITIONAL_INFORMATION

                  23 non-null      object
55   FD_OBJECT_SUPPLIES_SERVICES_OBJECT_SUPPLY_SERVICE_ADDITIONAL_INFORMATION.P

                  24348 non-null   object

 pd1['FD_OBJECT_SUPPLIES_SERVICES_OBJECT_SUPPLY_SERVICE_ADDITIONAL_INFORMATION'].update(pd1['FD_OBJECT_SUPPLIES_SERVICES_OBJECT_SUPPLY_SERVICE_ADDITIONAL_INFORMATION.P'])

AssertionError                            Traceback (most recent call last)
/tmp/ipykernel_73/391781247.py in <module>
----> 1 pd1['FD_OBJECT_SUPPLIES_SERVICES_OBJECT_SUPPLY_SERVICE_ADDITIONAL_INFORMATION'].update(pd1['FD_OBJECT_SUPPLIES_SERVICES_OBJECT_SUPPLY_SERVICE_ADDITIONAL_INFORMATION.P'])

/opt/spark/python/pyspark/pandas/series.py in update(self, other)
   4549             raise TypeError("'other' must be a Series")
   4550
-> 4551         combined = combine_frames(self._psdf, other._psdf, how="leftouter")
   4552
   4553         this_scol = combined["this"]._internal.spark_column_for(self._column_label)

/opt/spark/python/pyspark/pandas/utils.py in combine_frames(this, how, preserve_order_column,
*args)
    139     elif len(args) == 1 and isinstance(args[0], DataFrame):
    140         assert isinstance(args[0], DataFrame)
--> 141         assert not same_anchor(
    142             this, args[0]
    143         ), "We don't need to combine. `this` and `that` are same."

AssertionError: We don't need to combine. `this` and `that` are same.

pd1.info()