spot-dev mailing list archives

From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject Following up on board report
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2017 02:44:13 GMT
Dear Spot Podling,

I wanted to follow up with you regarding the comments in your board
report.  In it, you wrote:

aware of?

  IPMC this point has been posted on the last two report, we have not
  received any feedback in terms of how it goes, please comment.

  Please elaborate on the process for code scanning and IP reviews. On the
  last report this was brought to attention but no communication was
  received.

Ideally these are questions you are raising to your mentors, and your
mentors are giving you the right info.  Is that happening?  I noticed for
instance that you received only a single sign off.  Do you have engagement
with all 4 of your mentors?

Presently, the ASF provides static analysis via SonarQube, You can find the
instance at http://builds.apache.org/analysis .  Please reach out to infra
if you need some guides on how to get it running for your project.

RE IP review - I'm not 100% sure what you mean.  I'm assuming that an SGA
was executed? I can't find any documentation.  It looks like regardless the
project was always apache licensed.  Have your mentors provided any input
on good/bad IP practices?

John