spot-dev mailing list archives

From Nathanael Smith <nathan...@apache.org>
Subject [SPOT-135] Downloader for Apache Spot [Incubating] Public Data Sets
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2017 17:07:22 GMT
Hello,

A while back I added some synthetic data sets to a public S3 bucket, These can be used to
help test the main pipelines of Spot.
Right now I just have a few scripts i have provided when requested but we need something more
formal to deliver this data.
@Chokha has volunteered to work on an application to allow you to select from available data
sets and download them.

I’m opening a Jira to help define the requirements and track progress.

some questions for the community,

How should this be delivered into the project?
Should we add a new folder to house the code or land it in an existing project folder?

the data sets have been provided in the jira,
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPOT-135 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPOT-135>

- Nathanael