spot-dev mailing list archives

From Cesar B <ce...@apache.org>
Subject FW: [Collaboration proposal] - MafDet
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2017 06:44:10 GMT
Hello Guys!

I’m sharing Alejandro’s proposal for extended discussion, its worth for brainstorming,
as this implementation is focused on OpenFlow, used broadly on SDN for communication between
the controller and switches.

Part of the pathfinding job that serves as support of the code development and mentioned on
the code repo can be found here:

http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/5735752/?reload=true

The noise patterns based on the findings from the paper can be caught definitely by ML, and
specially if patterns present a volumetric behavior.

So lets get discussion rolling.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Cesar
On March 16, 2017 at 12:21:19 PM, () wrote:

From: Alejandro Alcalde [mailto:algui91@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 8, 2017 7:41 AM
Subject: [Collaboration proposal] - MafDet

Hi, I was developing a system very similar to yours, but only for detecting DDoS. I want to
collaborate in Apache Spot, right now I am reading the documentation to learn how Spot works.

But since I've been developing my system for a few months, may be some of the code or ideas
can be interesting to spot. The project is at https://github.com/algui91/MafDet

Basically it aims to detect DDoS using SDNs and the Ryu controller for collecting OpenFlow
Statistics. That part is totally completed, what is left is The MachineLearning, I've planned
to use SOM for the anomaly detection.

Let me know what you think.

Best regards

--

Alejandro Alcalde - elbauldelprogramador.com

My public key: https://keyserver.ubuntu.com/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x333395FF3326824B