spot-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Chokha Palayamkottai <cho...@integralops.com>
Subject Re: Help on Spot installation (following Slack discussion with Nate)
Date Sat, 08 Apr 2017 16:27:47 GMT
I ran into this issue couple weeks back and I believe it had to do with
SPOT UI build process. It wasn't generating the minified js files. Your
issue could probably be different but please verify if your build
process generated the *.min,js files.
https://github.com/apache/incubator-spot/tree/master/spot-oa/ui

-Chokha.

On 4/8/17 12:08 PM, Dimitris Papadopoulos wrote:
> Hi Diego,
>
> Thx for the quick response.
>
> Yes, I'm running it from oa-spot/. I just re-pasted the output of  ps -ax |
> grep ipython at the end of this mail.
> Here are the screenshots (@Alan: thx for the info).
> Screenshot1: http://imgur.com/wR4g86M
> Screenshot2: http://imgur.com/MHA0sQQ
>
> The thing is that when I set up CDH on the 4 pseudo-nodes (master,
> s1,s2,s3), I realized that some of their assigned roles (I used the
> auto-assign option for the CDH roles)  didn't match the requirements for
> each Spot node, as described in the documentation.
> Thus, I used only 3 nodes as described below:
>
> *pseudo-node name | Spot node name:*
> master      | MASTER1, MASTER2, OA
> s3             | EDGE
> s2             |WORKER
>
> I know that the above setup wasn't going to provide any real functionality,
> but then again I was testing the steps before moving to a real cluster.
>
>
> spotuser@master:~/spot-oa$ ps -ax | grep ipython
> 5953 ?        Sl     1:36 /usr/bin/python -m IPython.parallel.controller
> --profile-dir /home/spotuser/.ipython/profile_ia --
> cluster-id  --log-to-file --log-level=20
> 5962 ?        Sl     0:00 /usr/bin/python -m IPython.parallel.controller
> --profile-dir /home/spotuser/.ipython/profile_ia --
> cluster-id  --log-to-file --log-level=20
> 5963 ?        Sl     0:00 /usr/bin/python -m IPython.parallel.controller
> --profile-dir /home/spotuser/.ipython/profile_ia --
> cluster-id  --log-to-file --log-level=20
> 5966 ?        Sl     0:00 /usr/bin/python -m IPython.parallel.controller
> --profile-dir /home/spotuser/.ipython/profile_ia --
> cluster-id  --log-to-file --log-level=20
> 5969 ?        Sl     0:00 /usr/bin/python -m IPython.parallel.controller
> --profile-dir /home/spotuser/.ipython/profile_ia --
> cluster-id  --log-to-file --log-level=20
> 5974 ?        Sl     0:52 /usr/bin/python -m IPython.parallel.engine
> --profile-dir /home/spotuser/.ipython/profile_ia --clus
> ter-id  --log-to-file --log-level=20
> 5976 ?        Sl     0:51 /usr/bin/python -m IPython.parallel.engine
> --profile-dir /home/spotuser/.ipython/profile_ia --clus
> ter-id  --log-to-file --log-level=20
> 5981 ?        Sl     0:49 /usr/bin/python -m IPython.parallel.engine
> --profile-dir /home/spotuser/.ipython/profile_ia --clus
> ter-id  --log-to-file --log-level=20
> 5998 ?        Sl     0:50 /usr/bin/python -m IPython.parallel.engine
> --profile-dir /home/spotuser/.ipython/profile_ia --clus
> ter-id  --log-to-file --log-level=20
> 10914 ?        S      0:00 /usr/bin/python /usr/local/bin/ipython notebook
> --no-mathjax --profile=ia --port=8889 --ip=0.0.0.0
> --no-browser --NotebookApp.extra_static_paths=["ui/ipython/"]
> 12417 ?        S      0:00 /usr/bin/python /usr/local/bin/ipython notebook
> --no-mathjax --profile=ia --port=8889 --ip=0.0.0.0
> --no-browser --NotebookApp.extra_static_paths=["ui/ipython/"]
> 19058 ?        Sl     1:34 /usr/bin/python -m IPython.parallel.controller
> --profile-dir /home/spotuser/.ipython/profile_defau
> lt --cluster-id  --log-to-file --log-level=20
> 19066 ?        Sl     0:00 /usr/bin/python -m IPython.parallel.controller
> --profile-dir /home/spotuser/.ipython/profile_defau
> lt --cluster-id  --log-to-file --log-level=20
> 19067 ?        Sl     0:00 /usr/bin/python -m IPython.parallel.controller
> --profile-dir /home/spotuser/.ipython/profile_defau
> lt --cluster-id  --log-to-file --log-level=20
> 19070 ?        Sl     0:00 /usr/bin/python -m IPython.parallel.controller
> --profile-dir /home/spotuser/.ipython/profile_defau
> lt --cluster-id  --log-to-file --log-level=20
> 19074 ?        Sl     0:00 /usr/bin/python -m IPython.parallel.controller
> --profile-dir /home/spotuser/.ipython/profile_defau
> lt --cluster-id  --log-to-file --log-level=20
> 19084 ?        Sl     0:52 /usr/bin/python -m IPython.parallel.engine
> --profile-dir /home/spotuser/.ipython/profile_default -
> -cluster-id  --log-to-file --log-level=20
> 19092 ?        Sl     0:51 /usr/bin/python -m IPython.parallel.engine
> --profile-dir /home/spotuser/.ipython/profile_default -
> -cluster-id  --log-to-file --log-level=20
> 19102 ?        Sl     0:49 /usr/bin/python -m IPython.parallel.engine
> --profile-dir /home/spotuser/.ipython/profile_default -
> -cluster-id  --log-to-file --log-level=20
> 19118 ?        Sl     0:49 /usr/bin/python -m IPython.parallel.engine
> --profile-dir /home/spotuser/.ipython/profile_default -
> -cluster-id  --log-to-file --log-level=20
> 26655 lxc/tty1 R+     0:00 grep --color=auto ipython
> 26719 ?        R    156:55 /usr/bin/python /usr/local/bin/ipython notebook
> --no-mathjax --profile=ia --port=8889 --ip=0.0.0.0
> --no-browser --NotebookApp.extra_static_paths=["ui/ipython/"]
>
>
>
> 2017-04-08 18:03 GMT+03:00 Ross, Alan D <alan.d.ross@intel.com>:
>
>> No attachments here.  You can upload to imgur or somewhere else and then
>> post the link to the screenshot.
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Diego (ChInO) [mailto:elchinillo@gmail.com]
>> Sent: Saturday, April 8, 2017 6:48 AM
>> To: dev@spot.incubator.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: Help on Spot installation (following Slack discussion with
>> Nate)
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just want to make sure you are running ipython from the right place.
>> Could you please confirm you are running it from spot-oa/ dir?
>>
>> Btw, I don't see any screenshot :p
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 7, 2017, 11:05 PM Dimitris Papadopoulos <
>> dpapadopoulos91@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> It appears i hadnt added myself to the dev mailing list.
>>>
>>> Hi again,
>>>
>>> First things first, let me recap our discussion so far:
>>>
>>> -We are trying to install Spot on a server with pseudo-distributed nodes.
>>> -Each one of the nodes is actually an *lxc,* while the server runs on
>>> *Ubuntu 14.04*.
>>> -We started by installing CDH 10, following the cloudera site
>>> instructions and it seems to be working as intented.
>>> -We went on to install Spot, following the installation instructions
>>> as provided in the documentation webpage. Some parts (mainly where
>>> .conf files are mentioned) seem to be a bit vague for us, so we 've
>>> probably not configured the nodes right.
>>> -It seems that we haven't  managed to get Spot running (when we enter
>>> the ".../files/ui/flow/suspicious.html." we get an unresponsive page
>>> [Screenshot1] and we would like to fix that asap.
>>> -I have submitted two screenshots, one of the suspicious tab
>>> [Screenshot1]  and one of the ".../tree" view which lets me navigate
>>> normally through the files [Screenshot2]. At the end of the message is
>>> the result from the ps -ax | grep ipython
>>>
>>> We are probably asking too much effort from your side, but we could
>>> really benefit from a clean installation tutorial (video-blog-text
>>> format) that install all dependencies and sets all the configuration
>>> values for each one of the nodes. We could ofc provide a server for
>>> this purpose. Dempnstrating a Spot installation in a
>>> pseudo-distributed configuration could help us set it up on a large
>> distributed-computing infrastructure.
>>> Thank you so much for your time,
>>> Dimitris
>>>
>>> -------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> spotuser@master:~$ ps -ax | grep ipython
>>> 5953 ?        Sl     0:41 /usr/bin/python -m IPython.parallel.controller
>>> --profile-dir /home/spotuser/.ipython/profile_ia -- cluster-id
>>> --log-to-file --log-level=20
>>> 5962 ?        Sl     0:00 /usr/bin/python -m IPython.parallel.controller
>>> --profile-dir /home/spotuser/.ipython/profile_ia -- cluster-id
>>> --log-to-file --log-level=20
>>> 5963 ?        Sl     0:00 /usr/bin/python -m IPython.parallel.controller
>>> --profile-dir /home/spotuser/.ipython/profile_ia -- cluster-id
>>> --log-to-file --log-level=20
>>> 5966 ?        Sl     0:00 /usr/bin/python -m IPython.parallel.controller
>>> --profile-dir /home/spotuser/.ipython/profile_ia -- cluster-id
>>> --log-to-file --log-level=20
>>> 5969 ?        Sl     0:00 /usr/bin/python -m IPython.parallel.controller
>>> --profile-dir /home/spotuser/.ipython/profile_ia -- cluster-id
>>> --log-to-file --log-level=20
>>> 5974 ?        Sl     0:22 /usr/bin/python -m IPython.parallel.engine
>>> --profile-dir /home/spotuser/.ipython/profile_ia --clus ter-id
>>> --log-to-file --log-level=20
>>> 5976 ?        Sl     0:21 /usr/bin/python -m IPython.parallel.engine
>>> --profile-dir /home/spotuser/.ipython/profile_ia --clus ter-id
>>> --log-to-file --log-level=20
>>> 5981 ?        Sl     0:20 /usr/bin/python -m IPython.parallel.engine
>>> --profile-dir /home/spotuser/.ipython/profile_ia --clus ter-id
>>> --log-to-file --log-level=20
>>> 5998 ?        Sl     0:21 /usr/bin/python -m IPython.parallel.engine
>>> --profile-dir /home/spotuser/.ipython/profile_ia --clus ter-id
>>> --log-to-file --log-level=20
>>> 10914 ?        S      0:00 /usr/bin/python /usr/local/bin/ipython
>>> notebook --no-mathjax --profile=ia --port=8889 --ip=0.0.0.0
>>> --no-browser --NotebookApp.extra_static_paths=["ui/ipython/"]
>>> 12417 ?        S      0:00 /usr/bin/python /usr/local/bin/ipython
>>> notebook --no-mathjax --profile=ia --port=8889 --ip=0.0.0.0
>>> --no-browser --NotebookApp.extra_static_paths=["ui/ipython/"]
>>> 19058 ?        Sl     0:38 /usr/bin/python -m IPython.parallel.controller
>>> --profile-dir /home/spotuser/.ipython/profile_defau
>>> lt --cluster-id  --log-to-file --log-level=20
>>> 19066 ?        Sl     0:00 /usr/bin/python -m IPython.parallel.controller
>>> --profile-dir /home/spotuser/.ipython/profile_defau
>>> lt --cluster-id  --log-to-file --log-level=20
>>> 19067 ?        Sl     0:00 /usr/bin/python -m IPython.parallel.controller
>>> --profile-dir /home/spotuser/.ipython/profile_defau
>>> lt --cluster-id  --log-to-file --log-level=20
>>> 19070 ?        Sl     0:00 /usr/bin/python -m IPython.parallel.controller
>>> --profile-dir /home/spotuser/.ipython/profile_defau
>>> lt --cluster-id  --log-to-file --log-level=20
>>> 19074 ?        Sl     0:00 /usr/bin/python -m IPython.parallel.controller
>>> --profile-dir /home/spotuser/.ipython/profile_defau
>>> lt --cluster-id  --log-to-file --log-level=20
>>> 19084 ?        Sl     0:21 /usr/bin/python -m IPython.parallel.engine
>>> --profile-dir /home/spotuser/.ipython/profile_default - -cluster-id
>>> --log-to-file --log-level=20
>>> 19092 ?        Sl     0:21 /usr/bin/python -m IPython.parallel.engine
>>> --profile-dir /home/spotuser/.ipython/profile_default - -cluster-id
>>> --log-to-file --log-level=20
>>> 19102 ?        Sl     0:20 /usr/bin/python -m IPython.parallel.engine
>>> --profile-dir /home/spotuser/.ipython/profile_default - -cluster-id
>>> --log-to-file --log-level=20
>>> 19118 ?        Sl     0:20 /usr/bin/python -m IPython.parallel.engine
>>> --profile-dir /home/spotuser/.ipython/profile_default - -cluster-id
>>> --log-to-file --log-level=20
>>> 23679 lxc/tty1 S+     0:00 grep --color=auto ipython
>>> 26719 ?        S     65:15 /usr/bin/python /usr/local/bin/ipython
>>> notebook --no-mathjax --profile=ia --port=8889 --ip=0.0.0.0
>>> --no-browser --NotebookApp.extra_static_paths=["ui/ipython/"]
>>> spotuser@master:~$
>>>
>>>
>>>


Mime
View raw message