spot-dev mailing list archives

From Austin Leahy <Aus...@digitalminion.com>
Subject Re: Inappropriate web site
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2017 23:59:22 GMT
I think your point is fair.

But I think that its also important to understand that as a community
driven project installation on CDH is currently the only install path that
has been validated.

Until community members begin to test and install parts of the platform
elsewhere it is important that they understand that the docs are explained
from a particular context. As someone who has installed several different
versions of hadoop including CDH I would say that there are often
surprising side effects based on who's "best practice install" you have
followed for your cluster.

My meta question would be; is there a foundation requirement that would
lead us to prioritize basic setup and configuration specifically on the
apache sources? This would probably derail several of the current "install
& config" initiatives.