spot-dev mailing list archives

From "Leda G. Lima" <led...@apache.org>
Subject Apache Spot UI alternatives
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2017 01:06:24 GMT
Hi everyone. I'm starting this thread to hear from the community on
alternatives of frameworks to use to create a new UI for apache Apache Spot.

As most of you already know, Apache Spot is currently using React for the
visualization, but React is undergoing a license update that will affect
all of the ASF projects using such technology to the point where we'll need
to replace this code with different components.

Here are a couple links where you can follow the ongoing discussion on this
matter:

https://github.com/facebook/react/issues/10191

All suggestions are welcome and all points of view are valid. We know this
is a major change to the project so we want to hear from all of you to
consider all alternatives.

Regards

- Gabriela Lima