spot-dev mailing list archives

From Nate Smith <nathan...@apache.org>
Subject [Proposal] PR voting process changes
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2017 17:22:33 GMT
Hello,

>From my own experience and also in talking directly with a few committers
to the project the requirement for three +1's from committers should be
reviewed.

My understanding is that other projects in the ASF simply require one vote
and provide some time for review by others prior to merging (such as a
24-48 hour period). However more emphasis is placed on refining code in
preparation for releases.

As it stands today we require at least three +1's before merge, and there
is no time requirement.

Since we are a growing community, and the goal is to develop more code
contributors I think it is important to bring this up for review in hopes
that we can adopt something that allows faster iterations with a strong
focus on polishing for future releases.

- Nathanael