spot-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Nelson <jer...@digitalminion.com>
Subject Re: [PR #141] Ingestion using Spark Streaming
Date Tue, 08 May 2018 16:06:41 GMT
I wanted to say I appreciate that this proposal does not disrupt backwards
compatibility.  So many open source projects think very little of breaking
the user's established workflow to introduce something better, rather than
allowing users to transition and vote with their feet what works better
with them.  It raises the respectability of the project when people can
adopt it knowing it won't be a full time job tracking forwards and
backwards incompatibilities in their deployment.