spot-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Mark Schoeni <markscho...@gmail.com>
Subject Spot Project Meeting Minutes for 08/24
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2018 21:56:15 GMT
Hello everyone,

Here are the meeting minutes from this past Friday (Aug.-24-18).

Thank you everyone for participating and I look forward to speaking with
you all at the next meeting on September 7 @ 3:30 (*ET*)


-------------------------------------

*Highlights*

   -

   Started discussions on Next Release. Want to try including most of the
   PRs into it and maybe the ODM Branch
   -

   Starting to go over PRs one by one to merge them. Leaving comments on
   actions needed. If you have a PR you care about please go leave feedback.
   If issues with PR is not resolved they will be closed.

*New Issues*

   -

   SPOT-276 Updates to Readme: Waiting on 1 more +1 or Manual Merge
   -

   SPOT-277 Updates to Spot Website: This Branch has a lot of old content,
   considering a clean-up before accepting this PR. Waiting on input by Austin
   or Nate.
   -

   SPOT-278 Wrong log message: Has 3 +1s, looks like the ASF Bot didn't
   pick up Nate's +1. may need to resubmit it for Auto-merge to start.

*Pull Requests*

   -

   See above

*Planning for Next Release*

   -

   Others agree it is time for a new release but unclear whether to include
   the ODM Branch or not. The ODM branch has been out for so long it is
   beginning to look like the new master. However, some work needs to be done
   before a merge is possible. Goal is to close out most of the PRs (~75%),
   merged or not, before the next release.

*Addition of Dev Branch*

   -

   Idea to create a Dev branch so development branches can stem from it
   while bugs and minor quick updates can be done to the master branch without
   conflict. Needs more input by committers before starting. Priority for this
   comes after the next release.

*Open Forum*

   -

   Topics for Next time
   -

      ASF-Site Updates (List of Maintainers and other updates)
      -

      More Planning for Next Release
      -

         When?
         -

         Which PRs to merge
         -

         include ODM Branch
         -

         Include Kerberos Integration
         -

      Branching Strategy - what patterns does ASF recommend
      -

      ODM Branch (Development progress and PR #144)


   -

   PR #24 waiting on Nate to fix conflicts before merging
   -

   PR #95 Waiting on feedback on whether we want to close with simple
   update or start a new Issue around making config changes
   -

   PR #102 Needs more feedback on whether changes to ODM schema is
   acceptable before merging
   -

   PR #126 Needs to be tested unless committer feels comfortable Manually
   merging
   -

   PR #143  Needs Jira ticket and 1 more +1 to automerge or must be
   manually merged
   -

   PR #140 Holding off until ODM discussion happens, needs feedback on a
   few things such as if ip6 field data types
   -

   PR #137 Waiting on Jira ticket unless someone wants to Manual merge


*Actions*

   -

   Create Contributing Document (Mark)
   -

   Create draft of Code of Conduct (Mark)
   -

   Test PR #126 (Mark / Tadd will try to test this, would appreciate help)
   -

   Look over PRs to decide whether it will be included in the next release
   (Everyone)
   -

   Look over Jira Issues to decide whether they're relevant anymore
   (Everyone)

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message