spot-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Schoeni <markscho...@gmail.com>
Subject Spot Project Meeting Minutes for 09/21
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2018 21:10:45 GMT
Hey All,

Meeting notes from Last Friday, Also a quick update. I have reached out to
our 4 mentors. All were enthusiastic about helping our continuing efforts.
However, Andrei and Jarek offered to step down to make room for mentors who
can provide some more time to the project. I will be reaching out to the
incubator general mailing list for at least 1 more mentor (I am not sure if
4 mentors is a requirement).

See everyone at the next meeting on 10/04.

Highlights

   -

   Pull Requests are starting to flow again.
   -

   Next release will focus on ease of installation, documentation around
   how to use, and testing. [SPOT-282]. If you’re wondering where you can help
   out, please pick one of these sections and lend a hand. Try reaching out on
   the Dev list first to coordinate your efforts.
   -

   Jira Ticket [SPOT-281] for capturing GUI requests

New Jiras

   -

   [SPOT-281] Spot GUI Upgrade:
   -

      Epic to capture activity and Issues around the upgrades to the GUI.
      -

      Use this to add feature requests, add bug fixes, and for discussion.
      -

   [SPOT-282] Release V1.1:
   -

      Epic to capture activity and Issues around the next release
      -

      Finalizing list of all To-Do & PRs to integrate (see [SPOT-282])
      - Functional front-end
         - Comprehensive Install Instructions
         - Updated list of committers
         - Copyrights (right now still from 2016)
         - working Kerberos support (Nate knows the state of this)
         - Updated Docker Demo

Pull Requests

   -

   The issues we had Pulling PRs through have been resolved. In the future
   PRs should come through a bit faster. It is agreed that once a binding
   member has given a +1 and no negative feedback within 24 hours, the PR will
   be approved and merged.

Release V1.1

   -

   The last release came with some negative feedback around the ease of
   installation, ease of use, and lack of testing around the build process.
   -

   Nate will dig out some of the feedback so it can be addressed during
   this release
   -

   Mark is currently working on making the website easily installed and
   useable again.
   -

   Other than these changes, we want to make sure to include Kerberos
   Support
   -

   Mark will write a draft for comprehensive install instructions after
   getting the GUI up and running again.

Open Forum

   -

   Used this as a working session to link Jira Issues to the Next Release
   and GUI Epics.