spot-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Nelson <jer...@digitalminion.com>
Subject Hive Partition Names for numbers (SPOT-19 and SPOT-239)
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2020 19:47:42 GMT
Greetings,

I noticed that SPOT-19 and SPOT-239 describe two aspects of the same
problem – that is – HIVE partition names are stored as numbers (ie,
y=2020/m=3/d=4) but some software (like the SPOT-ML) expects these
partition names to be stored as two-digit zero-padded strings (ie,
y=2020/m=03/d=04).

We should identify which approach is preferable (break the schema, or break
the software?) and then harmonize all affected systems to do the same
thing, one way or the other.

Thanks,

Jeremy