Hi,

I assume I'm missing some configuration, hope you can point me where!

I'm running CDH 4.3.0-1.cdh4.3.0p0.22 which I deployed automatically using cloudera manger.

My goal is to import records from SQL Server DB

I'm running sqoop using command line and it works! (I added the sqljdbc4.jar to the /cloudera/parcels/CDH/lib/sqoop/lib)

sqoop import --connect 'jdbc:sqlserver://testsqlserver.mydom.com;username=sqltest;password=sqltest;database=test' --table TestTransac --target-dir /test -z -m 5

Then I'm trying to run the same using oozie but I fail!

Here is the log:

  >>> Invoking Sqoop command line now >>>

1528 [main] WARN  org.apache.sqoop.tool.SqoopTool  - $SQOOP_CONF_DIR has not been set in the environment. Cannot check for additional configuration.

1599 [main] WARN  org.apache.sqoop.ConnFactory  - $SQOOP_CONF_DIR has not been set in the environment. Cannot check for additional configuration.

1622 [main] ERROR org.apache.sqoop.tool.BaseSqoopTool  - Got error creating database manager: java.io.IOException: No manager for connect string: 'jdbc:sqlserver://testsqlserver.mydom.com;username=sqltest;password=sqltest;database=test'

at org.apache.sqoop.ConnFactory.getManager(ConnFactory.java:185)

at org.apache.sqoop.tool.BaseSqoopTool.init(BaseSqoopTool.java:217)

at org.apache.sqoop.tool.ImportTool.init(ImportTool.java:83)

Intercepting System.exit(1)

<<< Invocation of Main class completed <<<

Failing Oozie Launcher, Main class [org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.SqoopMain], exit code [1]

Oozie Launcher failed, finishing Hadoop job gracefully

I added the sqljdbc4.jar almost everywhere without success.

cp ./Downloads/sqljdbc_4.0/enu/sqljdbc4.jar /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/lib/oozie/lib/

cp ./Downloads/sqljdbc_4.0/enu/sqljdbc4.jar /var/lib/oozie/

I added it also in the hdfs oozie shared lib and in my workflow folder inside the lib folder

/user/oozie/share/lib/sqoop/

/user/oozie/share/lib/oozie/

Any help is more than welcome, thanks in advance!

/Victor

Victor Sanchez

Database Architect

Net Entertainment NE AB, Luntmakargatan 18, SE-111 37, Stockholm, SE
T: +46 709 124 656, M: +46 709 124 656, F: +46 8 578 545 10
Victor.Sanchez@netent.com www.netent.com

Better Games

This email and the information it contains are confidential and may be legally privileged and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify me immediately. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. You should not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person. Internet communications are not secure and, therefore, Net Entertainment does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message as it has been transmitted over a public network. If you suspect the message may have been intercepted or amended please call me. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. Thank you.