sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mapping of relational tables and join keys to HBase
Date Tue, 24 Dec 2013 17:33:41 GMT
Sqoop will transfer data of the tables as they are without interpreting any foreign keys. This
provides user power to do the import exactly as they want. You can use free form query based
import to translate the foreign keys into arbitrary structure on HBase side or import all
tables separately and the join on HBase side whenever needed.

Jarcec

On Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 12:43:21PM -0800, Abraham Elmahrek wrote:
> I'm not aware of any facility for importing to multiple tables in Hbase
> unfortunately. I think that's a manual process. Hopefully someone else on
> this mailing list will know the answer to that question better.
>

> On Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 10:29 AM, Saiph Kappa <saiph.kappa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Yes, I have checked. But I thought there was some automatic way of sqoop
> > doing that (without users have to explicitly perform the import for each
> > particular table/column).
> >
> > I thought Sqoop could transform relational schemas into hbase "schemas",
> > i.e., to get a mapping from one structure to another. But this is not the
> > case right?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> > On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 9:01 PM, Abraham Elmahrek <abe@cloudera.com>wrote:
> >
> >> Hey there,
> >>
> >> Have you checked out
> >> http://sqoop.apache.org/docs/1.4.4/SqoopUserGuide.html#_importing_data_into_hbase?
The row key will be what ever column you are splitting by, unless