sqoop-user mailing list archives

From "Martin, Nick" <NiMar...@pssd.com>
Subject -m Number of Mappers
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2013 02:36:39 GMT
Kind of a newbie question but one that's been stumping me...

I'm noticing when I set the number of mappers to use (i.e. -m in CLI Sqoop command) that isn't
the number of mappers my cluster is using to execute the Sqoop job.

For instance, I just ran an import with -m 8 specified and the number of mappers used is 4
until the import hits 50% and then drops to 3 for the rest of the import process (my cluster
has 16 available map slots; no other concurrent jobs processing).

I read through the "Controlling Parallelism" piece of the user guide but didn't seem to find
my answer.

Thanks in advanced for the help,
Nick