sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Abraham Elmahrek <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Composite Key
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2013 18:41:06 GMT
Hey Nick,

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking... are you asking if you can
split by composite key? I don't think that's currently possible. Splitting
occurs on a single column. Are you asking if data can make its way into
HDFS (or Hive) via the composite key? You might have to use free-form
queries. You should be able to use an oracle function to concat the two
columns together. See
http://sqoop.apache.org/docs/1.4.4/SqoopUserGuide.html#_free_form_query_importsfor
more details on that. You should be able to use to_char (
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14200/functions181.htm) and
concat (
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14200/functions026.htm)
functions.