sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Venkat Ranganathan <vranganat...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: How does sqoop export detect Avro schema?
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2015 18:53:00 GMT
You are right. Sqoop has improved support for Avro export files from the
beginning.  Sorry I overlooked - it was a while since I changed these for
Hcatalog support!

Generally we should be able to support export of all formats (there is of
course bug that still needs fixing for Parquet in Hive  and may be for
some other formats) in a s storage location and format agnostic way with
Hcatlaog

Venkat