sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Timothy Garza <timothy.ga...@collinsongroup.com>
Subject SQOOP export of Sequence Files (Hive tables)
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2015 22:24:55 GMT
Can we confirm or deny that Sqoop 1.4.6 can or can't export Sequence files to RDBMS via JDBC
driver.

I get an error from Sqoop regarding not being able to cast BytesWriteable to LongWriteable
regardless of which data-type i'm reading from (in a Hive table) or writing to (MySQL or SQL
Server table).

There is no mention in the documentation of being able to export FROM (or not being able to
export FROM) a Sequence File stored in HDFS.

I can successfully SQOOP data from a TEXTFILE stored in HDFS but this sort of takes away the
point of SQOOP and HDFS (in my opinion).

Can anyone clarify this?

The Collinson Group Limited; Registered number: 2577557, Registered in England & Wales;
Registered Office: Cutlers Exchange, 123 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BU.

This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information and/or copyright material
and is intended for the use of the addressee only. If you receive this e-mail by mistake please
advise the sender immediately by using the reply facility in your e-mail software and delete
this e-mail from your computer system. You may not deliver, copy or disclose its contents
to anyone else. Any unauthorised use may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are
those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of The Collinson
Group Ltd and/or its subsidiaries or any other associated company (collectively “Collinson
Group”).

As communications via the Internet are not secure Collinson Group cannot accept any liability
if this e-mail is accessed by third parties during the course of transmission or is modified
or amended in any way following despatch. Collinson Group cannot guarantee that any attachment
to this email does not contain a virus, therefore it is strongly recommended that you carry
out your own virus check before opening any attachment, as we cannot accept liability for
any damage sustained as a result of software virus infection. Senders of messages shall be
taken to consent to the monitoring and recording of e-mails addressed to members of the Company.