struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam <a...@getcare.com>
Subject Re: J2EE BluePrints and Struts
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 17:46:18 GMT
Looks good.  I like the command to iteration set up.

Would a page object help?  I realize that this would sort of be an
iterator of iterators.

Also, does making the contstuctor public make sense?  Ususally the
command acts as the factory for the iterator.

An alternative is the builder pattern:   The PageDirector calls
addElement to the PageIteratorBuilder.  When complete, call getIterator,
which detaches the Iterator and returns it.  It really depends on
whether you want the Iterator to be updatable or not. You may want to
have a non updatable one, and then an updatable one that extends it.