struts-user mailing list archives

From "Peter Pilgrim" <peter.pilg...@db.com>
Subject Long term Session attributes [ was RE: Wizard Interface question ]
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2002 11:19:30 GMT

I suppose you can make all your big session object implement
a  `Leaseable'.

public interface SessionLeaseable {

     public void updateLastModified();

     public long getLastModified() ;
}

Have a background thread or even better a java.util.Timer
on each session object or per user.
The sleeper or swiper continuous timer wakes up every
10 minutes or so iterates through the attributes in the session
looking especially for Leasable object.  Remove any Leaseable
object that has expired the maximum idle time.

I do not how this scale across application servers, though.

--
Peter Pilgrim                 ++44 (0)207-545-9923

............................................ Swamped under electionic mails