struts-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Toom <andreas.t...@comitnet.com>
Subject Re: Multiple tiles layouts for single application
Date Mon, 09 May 2005 14:33:08 GMT
Yes, but a tile definition is just a.. tile definition. All my
definitions extends a base tile:

<definition name="com.acme.web.search.tiles.main"
path="/front/tiles/tiles_front_main.jsp">
	<put name="content" value="OVERRIDE THIS" />
	<put name="title" value="Search here" />
</definition>

<definition name="com.acme.web.search.tiles.search"
extends="com.acme.web.search.tiles.main">
	<put name="content" value="/search/pages/search.jsp" />
</definition>

And my forwards are:

<forward name="success" path="com.acme.web.search.tiles.search" />
<forward name="failure" path="com.acme.web.search.tiles.error" />

So now, if a request has been made to http://mysite/?layout=layout1 or
whatever it seems like a nice solution not have to change anything in my
action configuration and instead have a filter/extension of a controller
indicating which tile definitions to use, is this possible? or do I have
to add a action-mapping/forward for each new site I want enable this
search functionality?

As I sad before, the main problem as I see it is the input parameter in
form validation, I guess I could solve it with some action in the input
parameter instead, but all those solutions feel ugly and leaves me with
much work if anything is about to change..

Any other ideas? :)

/Andreas

Allistair Crossley wrote:
> Your requests should be routing through a Struts Controller via an ActionMapping, and
therefore your Action can examine the request and return the appropriate view which will be
a forward to the tile definition of your choice.