struts-user mailing list archives

From "Baubak Gandomi" <b.gand...@castsoftware.com>
Subject Asynchronous Display of Action Results
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2011 14:43:10 GMT
Hello,

I am not able to find any mention of this topic, or even if it is really
Struts 2-related.

I have a view which calls two actions using <s:action. The methods that
are called in the domain of the actions take different times to execute.
I would like my actions to be run parallel. I.e. Once they are finished
executing, that their results are show the moment they finish.

-------------------Struts.xml

<package name="ActionTests_Application" extends="struts-default">

        <action name="start">

            <result>/WEB-INF/pages/main.jsp</result>

        </action>

        <action name="action1" class="action_tld.Main_Class"
method="method1">

            <result name="success">/WEB-INF/pages/page1.jsp</result>

        </action>

        <action name="action2" class="action_tld.Main_Class"
method="method2">

            <result name="success">/WEB-INF/pages/page2.jsp</result>

        </action>

    </package>

-------------------action_tld.Main_Class

public class Main_Class {

      private int delay = 0;

      public String method1() {

            setDelay(5000);

            sleeper();

            return ActionSupport.SUCCESS;

      }

      public String method2() {

            setDelay(500);

            sleeper();

            return ActionSupport.SUCCESS;

      }

-------------------main.jsp

waiting......

            <s:action name="action1" executeResult="true"></s:action>

executeResult="true"></s:action> </td>

-------Page1 & 2

Just show a simple text

In the example above method2 takes longer to execute than method1. Today
when I execute start The result of action1 is displayed before action2.
However what I want is that action1 & action2 to be executed
simultaneously, and that the result of action2 is presented first.

This may not be a Struts2 question perse, but if anyone has any leads I
am much obliged.

Best regards,

Baubak