subversion-users mailing list archives

From Bob Archer <Bob.Arc...@amsi.com>
Subject RE: Programming a Watcher File
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2010 17:06:39 GMT
> On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 11:39 PM, Andrey Repin <anrdaemon@freemail.ru>
> wrote:
> > Sorry, my head is a bit crippled for now, and your post contains too
> much
> > cross-references to be understandable in my current state.
> > Could you please put it in simple terms, how you see your potential
> system
> > works?
>
> We have both development teams in India and in New York. When the
> Indian development team makes changes, the New York QA team needs to
> be notified, so they know what to test. When the New York development
> team checks something in, the Indian QA team needs to be notified.
> This will currently be for a single project, so I have to specify
> those files in that project that need to be watched.

I do this kind of stuff with cruise control. It will watch for check-ins and kick of tasks
which can include emails if you want. I tie this in with CI builds... of course, cruise control
doesn't have to run a build... it could just do publish/notify tasks if you want.

You can also set up a project in cruise control that watches it's own config file that you
put into svn. When this config file is changed cruise control will update the WC it is in
and then re-intialize with the new config info. The config file is where email addresses and
such would be stored.

I would rather go this way than writing my own script.

BOb