subversion-users mailing list archives

From Giulio Troccoli <Giulio.Trocc...@uk.linedata.com>
Subject Svndumpfilter option
Date Fri, 07 May 2010 14:40:47 GMT
I am a bit confused by the use --drop-empty-revs and --renumber-revs. In my view, --renumber-revs
is useless.

Let's suppose that I have 3 directories in my repository: A committed in revision 1, B in
revision 2 and C in revision 3

If I run

svndumpfilter exclude B < dumpfile

I expect revision 2 to be empty, but still there.

If I run

svndumpfilter exclude B --drop-empty-revs < dumpfile

I expect revision 2 to not be there at all, and therefore revision 3 becomes revision 2. I
don't see the use of --renumber-revs.

Am I missing something?

Linedata Services (UK) Ltd
Registered Office: Bishopsgate Court, 4-12 Norton Folgate, London, E1 6DB
Registered in England and Wales No 3027851    VAT Reg No 778499447