subversion-users mailing list archives

From Dean Schulze <dean_w_schu...@yahoo.com>
Subject Merging branch back to trunk omits dirs and files that were added in the branch
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2010 18:48:27 GMT
I've tried this with both TortoiseSVN and the merge tool that comes with Subclipse.

I've added subdirectories with files under several directories on the branch (along with
many other changes).  When I merge back to the trunk the top level directories under which
I added the subdirectories and files show up as tree conflicts.  None of the sub-directories
or files show up.  I mark the tree conflicts as resolved (I mark all tree conflicts as resolved
choosing the repository / branch file whenever asked to resolve manually).

In the merged trunk the new subdirectories and files are missing all together.  The trunk
svn:mergeinfo shows the correct range of revisions.

What do I have to do to simply merge the branch back to the trunk?

Firstly, this is not a conflict of any kind.  I added those directories and files intentionally.

Secondly, ever since tree conflicts were added to svn I've found svn to be completely unreliable
when it comes to merging.  How do I turn off tree conflicts (eliminate them all together)?

What do I have to do to get back to reliable merging, switch to git?