subversion-users mailing list archives

From Les Mikesell <lesmikes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bogus Server
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2010 18:18:12 GMT
On 6/1/2010 12:34 PM, Kevin Grover wrote:

>     my server crashed and i had to restore a backup.
>     We had a huge svn on the server and a lot of users used it,
>
>     Not the working copy is out of synch with the svn server, and i dont
>     know how to fix it.
>
>     Please help
>
>     Regards
>     AbiusX
>

> It's difficult to tell what the problem is without a little more
> detail.  I'll assume that you reloaded from a dump file (or a backup of
> the repository) in which case the UUID of the repository is the same.
> However, you probably have the repository in a different path (different
> server name, or something that changed the URL).
>
> If that's the case you need to use the 'svn switch --relocate' command.

I'd guess that the working copy is checked out/updated  from a later
revision than the restored repository has (i.e. some commits were lost
from the time after the backup was made).  I don't think there is a
reasonable recovery technique other than checking out a new working
copy, then copying over the changed/newer files from your old working
copy and committing them.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell@gmail.com