subversion-users mailing list archives

From Michael Zatopek <zato...@dizzylabs.org>
Subject Vague error with subversion + apache22 + freebsd
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2010 18:46:01 GMT
Hi,

I'm getting a vague error. I have subversion set up through apache on
freebsd(all installed through ports). I'm working with a large
repository containing lots of large files which I've migrated over
from an older similar install on another machine using svnadmin dump/
restore.

I can navigate to the repository in firefox, see, and download files
(including large binary files) without any problem. I can check out
portions of the repository from the command line using http on the
machine running the server (svn checkout http://my.host.name/vault)
without a problem.

However, when doing a checkout onto any other remote system (windows
or unix, using command line, or tortoisesvn), it grabs the first few
folders but on hitting the first file(happens to be about 14mb) it
gives this error:

svn: REPORT of '/vault/!svn/vcc/default': 200 OK (http://my.host.name)

On the server side I get the following errors from apache:

[Wed Jun 02 13:43:10 2010] [info] [client X.X.X.X] (32)Broken pipe:
core_output_filter: writing data to the network
[Wed Jun 02 13:43:10 2010] [error] [client X.X.X.X] Provider
encountered an error while streaming a REPORT response.  [500, #0]
[Wed Jun 02 13:43:10 2010] [error] [client X.X.X.X] A failure
occurred while driving the update report editor  [500, #53]
[Wed Jun 02 13:43:10 2010] [error] [client X.X.X.X] Error writing
base64 data: Software caused connection abort  [500, #53]

I'm running:
svn, version 1.6.11 (r934486)
Server version: Apache/2.2.15 (FreeBSD)
FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE

I've dug around and seen people with similar messages, either related
to problems not applicable to my setup or bugs fixed in earlier
versions of subversion.

Any ideas for things to try would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael