subversion-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Re: Check out problem because of alleged problematic URL
Date Sun, 06 Jun 2010 16:39:39 GMT
That error message comes from neon's ne_uri_parse().  With a client using
serf, or another version of neon, the error might disappear.

[[[
/* from libsvn_ra_neon/session.c */
  if (ne_uri_parse(url, uri)
      || uri->host == NULL || uri->path == NULL || uri->scheme == NULL)
    {
      ne_uri_free(uri);
      return svn_error_createf(SVN_ERR_RA_ILLEGAL_URL, NULL,
                               _("URL '%s' is malformed or the "
                                 "scheme or host or path is missing"), url);
    }
]]]

Hirschberg, Benyamin wrote on Sun, 6 Jun 2010 at 16:49 -0000:
> Hi
>
> I'm stuck with an annoying problem.
>
> I have an SVN server set up on a LAN server. I'm accessing it with http://ada-srp/kr/svn/trunk,
it is working from browsers and windows svn clients (both Tortoise and command line client
1.6.4).

> The problem is when I'm trying to do a checkout on the server itself (ada-srp) with the
very same command line command as on the windows machine, I'm getting the following error:
> [benyamin@ada-srp ~]$ svn checkout http://ada-srp/kr/svn/trunk/ kr_repos
> svn: URL 'http://ada-srp/kr/svn/trunk' is malformed or the scheme or host or path is
missing

> The version of the client is 1.6.5.
>
> This is not likely to be a networking problem, I can do wget with no problem on http://ada-srp/kr/svn/trunk
from the same shell. In case of this error I don't see any change in apache log.

> Can you tell me what the problem is?
>
> Thank you
> Benyamin

> This message is confidential and intended only for the addressee. If you have received
this message in error, please immediately notify the postmaster@nds.com and delete it from
your system as well as any copies. The content of e-mails as well as traffic data may be monitored
by NDS for employment and security purposes.