subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-20...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: svn:keywords settings make file different?
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2010 03:13:01 GMT
On Aug 12, 2010, at 22:00, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Aug 12, 2010, at 21:47, netvampire.tw wrote:
>
>> I knew I should set keywords properties on text file only.
>> I thought the properties would not apply to binary file so I apply the setting
>> on the root folder.
>> If it couldn't tell binary or text file,I should find out thousands files which
>> is binary or text,isn't it?
>
> Properties will be successfully applied to any file you tell Subversion to apply them
to. Setting properties on binary files will most likely corrupt them, as you've seen. Therefore
do not instruct Subversion to set properties on binary files.

Um, in all of the above I mean the svn:keywords property specifically, and the svn:eol-style
property; setting other properties on binary files should be fine.