subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-20...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: SVN update question
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2010 23:44:28 GMT

On Aug 11, 2010, at 18:20, Phil Pinkerton wrote:

> I'd like to be able to update a working copy after deleting a file from the Repository
and have the file I removed from the Repository also removed from the working copy when I
do an update.

> Is that possible ?

I'm a little confused by the question... it's not only possible, I'm not sure how to disable
that behavior. So, if you've removed a file from the repository, and you have a working copy
that was checked out before that deletion, then a simple "svn update" in that working copy
should delete that file from the working copy. Is that not what's happening? If so, was the
file in the working copy modified? Subversion won't delete modified files since that might
mean deleting work that didn't exist anywhere else.