subversion-users mailing list archives

From Les Mikesell <lesmikes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SVN "Relay"
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2010 15:07:09 GMT
On 8/2/2010 8:56 AM, Istace Emmanuel wrote:
> " Should I be worried about banking transactions or credit card orders?"
> Yeah :(
>
> " You could use any kind of VPN you want with the remote site.  Use an IPSEC
> tunnel between hosts if you don't trust SSL.  Or OpenVPN with blowfish."
> No, because the SVN is on a SaaS cloud, so we just have access to the
> service and not the system. So we can't install a VPN server and remember,
> vpn and ipsec use SSL. Search on google about SSL Spoofing ;)

Can you point me to something specific?  I see things about spoofing
some other site's certificate and some things about specific
implementations being subject to man-in-the-middle attacks but nothing
that looks like a generic weakness.  If you are concerned about your
service provider (who would have the best opportunity to arrange a
man-in-the-middle connection), maybe you should use someone else - or a
service that lets you run your own system images where you could set up
a blowfish-based vpn.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@gmail.com