subversion-users mailing list archives

From Phil Pinkerton <pcpinker...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SVN update question
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2010 23:44:47 GMT

On 08/11/2010 07:28 PM, David Bartmess wrote:
> On 8/11/2010 5:20 PM, Phil Pinkerton wrote:
>> I'd like to be able to update a working copy after deleting a file
>> from the Repository and have the file I removed from the Repository
>> also removed from the working copy when I do an update.
>>
>> Is that possible ?
>>
> Why would you want to remove a file from the repository? All you
> should have to do is do an svn delete and it would be deleted from the
> working copy on the update. But the deleted file will still be there,
> just not seen in the HEAD working revision

Because the developers want to delete the file from Subversion
Repository  and have it removed from the working copy with the next
(scripted update) , they do not have access to the working copy and the
data in the working copy gets deployed ( also scripted)  to several
servers, they do not want the deployment to contain the file they
deleted from the repository.