subversion-users mailing list archives

From Phil Pinkerton <pcpinker...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SVN update question
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2010 23:52:10 GMT

On 08/11/2010 07:44 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Aug 11, 2010, at 18:20, Phil Pinkerton wrote:
>

>> I'd like to be able to update a working copy after deleting a file from the Repository
and have the file I removed from the Repository also removed from the working copy when I
do an update.

>> Is that possible ?
>>
> I'm a little confused by the question... it's not only possible, I'm not sure how to
disable that behavior. So, if you've removed a file from the repository, and you have a working
copy that was checked out before that deletion, then a simple "svn update" in that working
copy should delete that file from the working copy. Is that not what's happening? If so, was
the file in the working copy modified? Subversion won't delete modified files since that might
mean deleting work that didn't exist anywhere else.

Our experience was that the file remained in the working copy after it
was deleted from SVN Repo and an update was done in the working directory