subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-20...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: SVN update question
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2010 00:06:58 GMT
On Aug 11, 2010, at 18:52, Phil Pinkerton wrote:
> On 08/11/2010 07:44 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> On Aug 11, 2010, at 18:20, Phil Pinkerton wrote:
>>
>>> I'd like to be able to update a working copy after deleting a file from the Repository
and have the file I removed from the Repository also removed from the working copy when I
do an update.

>>> Is that possible ?
>>

>> I'm a little confused by the question... it's not only possible, I'm not sure how
to disable that behavior. So, if you've removed a file from the repository, and you have a
working copy that was checked out before that deletion, then a simple "svn update" in that
working copy should delete that file from the working copy. Is that not what's happening?
If so, was the file in the working copy modified? Subversion won't delete modified files since
that might mean deleting work that didn't exist anywhere else.

> Our experience was that the file remained in the working copy after it was deleted from
SVN Repo and an update was done in the working directory

That should not be the norm, unless the file was modified. If you see differently, reproduce
the problem in a controlled environment and show us a transcript so we can see what's going
on.