subversion-users mailing list archives

From Giulio Troccoli <Giulio.Trocc...@uk.linedata.com>
Subject RE: Update deleted local changes after rollback
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2010 14:29:26 GMT

Linedata Limited
Registered Office: 85 Gracechurch St., London, EC3V 0AA
Registered in England and Wales No 3475006 VAT Reg No 710 3140 03

________________________________

        From: erlend olsen [mailto:eolsen20@hotmail.com]
        Sent: 12 August 2010 13:53
        To: users@subversion.apache.org
        Subject: Update deleted local changes after rollback

        Hi all, me and my colleague have lost big changes in our code...

        here's a quick summary:

        repository has these files:

        A: commits changes to all the files and adds 2 new files

        repository now has these files:

        B: Sees that these changes f**ks up the whole program and he rollbacks to only x,y,z

        A: keeps his changes locally and keeps changing them until they work...

        B: commits new code.

        A: is happy because now everything works on his local copy. Then he pushes 'update'
in netbeans before he commits.....

        SVN: now deletes all of A's  changes and new files..

        A: screams in terror and tries to get back his files... but not a chance... He can
get the changes he committed before the rollback, but the real big changes are now deleted....

        Is there a way to undo this update? Or to save us the next time, is there a way to
take a local backup before updating???
        Please help we're desperate here... Its about 1 week of programming down the toilet...

        Erlend Olsen

How exactly did he "rollback to only x,y,z"?

Please, do not post in HTML.

Giulio