subversion-users mailing list archives

From Bob Archer <Bob.Arc...@amsi.com>
Subject RE: time since last checkin
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2010 21:07:47 GMT
> Anyone got a quick and dirty way to determine how long ago was the
> last
> commit? I want to change my build system to not start a build if
> there
> was a very recent checkin. That way if someone is checking in a
> group of
> changes, I don't end up kicking off a build in the middle and then
> having to wait for a second build to get the full set of changes.
>
> I know most things should be checked in all at once so that they
> become
> one change set, but sometimes people have layers of changes and
> they
> like to check in the independent part first.
>
> Please reply directly...I'm off the list at the moment.
>
> jlm

I'm not sure what build server you use, but CCNet has a setting that allows you to delay a
build for a specified time after the last checkin. It is really designed for non-atomic SCC
system like cvs and vss... but the delay still works with the svn provider. Does your build
server have a setting like this perhaps?

BOb