subversion-users mailing list archives

From Bob Archer <Bob.Arc...@amsi.com>
Subject RE: trunk listed in svn:mergeinfo in trunk
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2010 14:41:45 GMT
> Why would trunk be listed in the svn:mergeinfo in trunk? We've been
> using mergeinfo's for a while now. Could this be the result of
> merging
> out (from trunk to a project branch) and then back?

I don't think so... but you could test it. Do you have a test repo?

Is it possible at some point in time you just decided to make some branch into trunk by deleting
trunk and then copying a branch to trunk? If you did that it may explain the mergeinfo.

> Can this safely be deleted? I'm trying to clean up our mergeinfo's
> because they exist in too many directories and they contain
> references
> to literally 2 dozen branches that are long retired and I think
> they're
> slowing down my merges which now take almost 5 minutes each.

I don't see why you would need to keep this data... it seems non-sensical to have mergeino
on the trunk that shows merges from trunk.

BOb