subversion-users mailing list archives

From "wb" <clif...@163.com>
Subject How to make password to store in Encrypted format
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 10:29:19 GMT
How to make password to store in Encrypted format

When I checkout a code i got the following message. I was searching in the net, I couldn't
locate a proper document to avoid/configure svn password locally encrypted. Any help in this
regard is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Wang,bin

--------------------​--------------------​--------------------​-----------
ATTENTION! Your password for authentication realm:

   < <http://someservername:3690%3e/> http://someservername:3690> Test Project
SVN

can only be stored to disk unencrypted! You are advised to configure
your system so that Subversion can store passwords encrypted, if
possible. See the documentation for details.

You can avoid future appearances of this warning by setting the value
of the 'store-plaintext-passwords' option to either 'yes' or 'no' in
'/home/AdmUsr/.subve​rsion/servers'.