subversion-users mailing list archives

From Keith Williams <kwilli...@sauer-danfoss.com>
Subject RE: Attmpting to Update Working Directory for a Project from V1.6.17 to V1.7.1 using SVN Upgrade working copy
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2011 15:39:01 GMT
In examining the Working Copy more closely, the Folder Structure is partially in 1.6 format
and partially is 1.7 format. I am making this assumption by the presence of the .svn folder
in some top level folders but not in others. A couple of files were deleted at the repository
level prior to the attempt to convert the Working Copy to the 1.7 format. Since the Working
Copy is on a network drive someone probably updated a subfolder to 1.7 before the full working
folder was attempted to be converted which was when the failure and report below occurred.
There are no externals associated with this Project Repository. I am not aware of any changes
to nodes. We do make commits from this working copy but would not be able to do so following
the upgrade of the SVN Server to 1.7 until after the upgrade of the working copy to the 1.7
Format.

Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: Philip Martin [mailto:philip.martin@wandisco.com]
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2011 4:58 AM
To: Keith Williams
Cc: users@subversion.apache.org
Subject: Re: Attmpting to Update Working Directory for a Project from V1.6.17 to V1.7.1 using
SVN Upgrade working copy

Keith Williams <kwilliams@sauer-danfoss.com> writes:

> Subversion reported the following
> (you can copy the content of this dialog to the clipboard using
> Ctrl-C):
>
> In file
> 'D:\Development\SVN\Releases\TortoiseSVN-1.7.1\ext\subversion\subversion\libsvn_wc\entries.c'
> line 1654: assertion failed (parent_node || entry->schedule ==
> svn_wc_schedule_normal)

That looks like one we haven't seen before.  I think this occurred during an upgrade, so the
working copy should still be in the 1.6 format.  If we are to do anything with this report
then we need to know what is special/different about this working copy.

How old is the working copy?  What does 'svn status' show?  What local changes do you have?
 Any added/deleted nodes?  Switched nodes?  Mixed revisions?  Is it a sparse working copy?
 Any svn:externals, file or directory?  Do you make commits from this working copy?  Is it
nested inside another working copy?

--
Philip