subversion-users mailing list archives

From John Maher <Jo...@rotair.com>
Subject [No Subject]
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2014 14:49:05 GMT
Hello

Using subversion 1.7.6 on windows with visual studio 2008 on windows 7 and I'm wondering why
subversion won't add new files.  I've had problems with subversion adding junk to the repository
and I was able to stop that using global ignores.  Having to remember to manually add files,
and if I add a form I must remember to add 3 files, runs the risk of losing data at worst
and merge conflicts at best.

I did move my code from a network share to a local drive.  I just copied everything.  The
other commands seem to work well enough.  Here's a section from my config file in C:\Users\JohnM.ROTAIR\AppData\Roaming\Subversion
# global-ignores = *.o *.lo *.la *.al .libs *.so *.so.[0-9]* *.a *.pyc *.pyo *.sou
#   *.rej *~ #*# .#* .*.swp .DS_Store
global-ignores = *.suo *.user bin obj

There are no other global ignores in that file.