subversion-users mailing list archives

From Eric Johnson <e...@tibco.com>
Subject Migrating old format repositories (format 4), running into bad line endings
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2016 18:11:17 GMT
So I wrote myself a tool to go through all commit comments, and verify that
no "CRs" appear in the svn:log entry. If I find them, I rewrite the log
entry. That way, I can clean up existing repositories.

However, I ran into a surprise. CR characters have also snuck into the
svn:ignore property, which is *not* a revprop, and cannot be fixed by any
of the tools available.

I've seen that other people recommend editing the dump file directly, but
that makes me quite nervous, especially on an 8MB dump file. Hoping there's
a better way.

Eric.