subversion-users mailing list archives

From João M. S. Silva <joao.m.santos.si...@gmail.com>
Subject post-commit hook
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2016 02:47:26 GMT
[I'm not subscribed to the list, please CC me.]

Hi,

I have been using subversion-tools to send post-commit e-mails. I use
the mailer.py and mailer.conf.example to create my own configuration
file. This has worked for years.

However, recently I get this error:

   smtplib.SMTPException: SMTP AUTH extension not supported by server

Searching for a solution, it seems we have to run "starttls" before
"ehlo", but I don't think I can change that, the way I'm running it.

I'm simply calling mailer.py with the correct configuration file. I
checked if my configuration file was up to date (comparing with the one
from the subversion-tools package) and it is.

So, the problem should be inside subversion-tools, right?

I'm sending the post-commit e-mail through Gmail, so maybe some recent
change in Gmail's server could also be the culprit?

Thanks.

--
João M. S. Silva