subversion-users mailing list archives

From Stümpfig, Thomas <thomas.stuemp...@siemens.com>
Subject RE: svnsync on large files
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2016 23:36:56 GMT
Would you suggest the following command
svnsync initialize --allow-non-empty http://svn.example.com/svn-mirror \
                                       NEW-SOURCE-URL

?

-----Original Message-----
From: Pavel Lyalyakin [mailto:pavel.lyalyakin@visualsvn.com]
Sent: Mittwoch, 7. Dezember 2016 18:59
To: Stümpfig, Thomas (DF PL S&SE DE PSM EAI) <thomas.stuempfig@siemens.com>; users@subversion.apache.org
Subject: Re: svnsync on large files

Hello Thomas,

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 8:54 PM, Stümpfig, Thomas <thomas.stuempfig@siemens.com> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> i get an error with svnsync for large files. svnsync: E175002: REPORT
> request on

It seems to be only the first part of the error message. What's the full wording of the error?

> The rev to be synced is 2,291,973,385 Bytes large (Size in
> txn-protorevs directory. Of target mirror)
>
> The sync is with svn 1.9.5 (Visual SVN Server) over both https

You should use file:/// access to the local repository instead of HTTP(S). Here is an example:
[[[
svnsync sync "https://svn.example.com/svn/MyRepo"
"file:///C:/Repositories/MyRepo/"
]]]

Does the error occur when you use file:/// access to local repository?

> I tried to rdump, svnadmin load incremental (works) and adjust revprop info in rev 0
to the new imported files. But the I got a path already exists for following syncs.

--
With best regards,
Pavel Lyalyakin