subversion-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Hett <ste...@egosoft.com>
Subject Re: update runs forever
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2017 10:55:13 GMT
On 3/8/2017 11:39 AM, David Aldrich wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am running svn 1.9.5 on Windows 10.
>
> We run many repos under svn, and they have run fine for years.
>
> In the last 24 hours one of our svn repositories has started
> exhibiting problems.  When I run ‘svn update’ against one of its
> branches the update does not complete, it hangs.
>
> I have tried with other clients, the result is the same. I have to
> kill the update and run cleanup.  Other users see the same problem.
>
> How can I identify the cause of this problem please?
>
> Best regards
>
> David

Can you open the Windows task manager while the update seems to be stuck
and check the process information of the svn-update process? Can you
determine whether CPU or disk-access is at 100% during the time? If not,
is the process' CPU usage changing (between 0 and 0.1%) or is it
completely stuck at 0%?

Do you have the option of checking the server load when this happens?
I.e. if the server is running on Windows, check the task manager of the
server-side svn process. Is that at 100% during the "stuck" update process?

Did you test whether a clean/fresh check out of the branch solves the
problem?

--
Regards,
Stefan Hett