subversion-users mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: upstart service scripts for svnserve?
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2017 10:00:09 GMT
On 16.03.2017 10:29, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 7:01 PM, K Richard Pixley <rich@noir.com> wrote:
>> Where can I find service scripts for debian/ubuntu for starting svnserve
>> as a system service?
>>
>> This should be in the documentation, I'm thinking, given how many
>> distros have left xinitd for upstart.  I'm surprised that it's not there
>> already.
>>
>> --rich
> They've been switching much more to systemd. I'd look in the latest
> published package from your favorite Debian or Ubuntu repository, and
> use "dpkg" to get a list of its files.

Indeed; the Subversion project publishes only source code. Packaging,
init scripts etc. are done by distro maintainers.

It would actually be counter-productive for the project to provide SysV
init, upstart or systemd scripts, since every distro has different rules
and structure for these things.

-- Brane