subversion-users mailing list archives

From Johan Corveleyn <jcor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: issue with relative externals after a rename
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2018 08:49:08 GMT
On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 10:46 AM, Ryan Schmidt
<subversion-2018@ryandesign.com> wrote:

> On Mar 26, 2018, at 17:20, Jonathan Schell wrote:
>
>> I have a tree where one folder is referencing some other folders and documents in
different parts of the tree.  And those externals are pegged.

>> So, I did a rename of the top folder of the tree.  Which of course breaks the externals.
>>
>> So, I go fix the externals to be like they should, using the operative revision.
 This works for the files, but not for the folders.

> In what way does it not work? What did you do, what happened, what was supposed to happen
instead?

Also, to make sure we're on the same page:
Are you using the following syntax (relative and with peg revisions)
in the externals property?

    ../../somedir@1234 somedir
    ../../somefile@3214 somefile

Or are you using this syntax (with operative revisions instead of peg
revisions)?

    -r1234 ../../somedir somedir
    -r3214 ../../somefile somefile

Or perhaps a mix of both?