How can I dump out the two things that Subversion thinks have the same SHA-1 checksum but don't match?  This seems to be rather difficult to do.

That said, it's far more likely that there's a bug in Subversion than that we randomly collided SHA-1.

On Sun, Mar 4, 2018 at 02:29 Philip Martin <philip@codematters.co.uk> wrote:
Nathan Hartman <hartman.nathan@gmail.com> writes:

> Does this mean that content being committed to the repository is never
> elided based on the SHA hash alone but only after a fulltext
> verification that the content actually already exists in the
> repository?

That's correct.  Fulltext matching was added in 1.9.6 and 1.8.18, older
versions of Subversion relied on the SHA1 match alone.

--
Philip