subversion-users mailing list archives

From Oscar Lee <minxing...@gmail.com>
Subject Problems with using a symbolic link for .svn folder on TSVN
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2019 18:10:39 GMT
Hi,

I was told to post my issue here from a TSVN dev.

My company uses TortoiseSVN internally to keep our files updated. The .svn
folder for the project I have is massive (250GB) and as such I had to move
it off to an external HDD. I created a symbolic link to the new location so
that TortoiseSVN 'should' still continue to work.

I managed to run a clean-up, but when I tried to revert a file, it gave me
an error 'Failed to run the WC DB work queue associated with (file)" and
"Can't move (tmp file) to ... (original file): The system cannot move the
file to a different disk drive".

I found that this error is caused by Windows not letting a file be renamed
while it is being moved (
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/ms837428(v=msdn.10)).
Does anyone know a solution to this? Why is this an issue that only occurs
with a symbolic link setup?

Regards,
Oscar