subversion-users mailing list archives

From Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn error E720145 with svn cleanup --remove-unversioned
Date Thu, 28 Nov 2019 08:45:46 GMT
On 27.11.2019 11:24, LUGNIER, Cédric (CA-CIB) wrote:

> Hi,
>

> We sometimes have the following error when we do use svn cleanup
> –remove-unversioned under Windows:
>
> svn: E720145: Can't remove directory
> 'C:\dev\Jenkins\workspace\qlib_full
> \Sources\x12ComInterface\_compilation\vc17_Release': The directory is
> not empty.

Check the contents of that directory. There may be things in there that
have a very long path name. Windows APIs have a fairly short path-length
limit.

I've seen this problem before when running Subversion tests on Windows
... my solution was to move the whole build tree to the root of the
drive (or use 'subst', sometimes that helps).

-- Brane