subversion-users mailing list archives

From Barry <ba...@barrys-emacs.org>
Subject Re: How do I enable storing of plaintext passwords?
Date Sun, 15 Dec 2019 21:49:43 GMT

> On 15 Dec 2019, at 15:29, Branko Čibej <brane@apache.org> wrote:
>
> On 15.12.2019 14:46, Barry Scott wrote:
>> I'm doing some testing and want to test with plaintext passwords.
>>
>> It seems that storing plaintext passwords can be compiled out. Is that why I cannot
configure it back on?

> https://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.12.html#client-server-improvements

Aha, that explains why it works on some systems with older svn. Been working on Centos 7 with
svn 1.7 for some tests.

> If you want to use plaintext passwords on disk, you'll have to build
> Subversion from source and explicitly enable that feature.

What had me confused for a while is that if the svn.simple/123... file was written by an earlier
svn then 1.12 with a plaintext password that password is used with the newer svn versions.

Barry